Followers

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Monochrome Colouring

Hi everyone! It's Sandie here and today I want to share with you how I do monochrome colouring.

I will be using cool greys, C1 through to C9, and Black 100. My stamp is Penelope has a Pencil, from Stamping Bella. The paper I use for all my copic colouring is Holtz Perfect Colouring Paper. 


As this is a CAS card I want to position Penelope so I used the Misti to stamp her out. 


I also added the sentiment at this point. 


To start with, I took the lightest colour, C1, and I marked out where I wanted the shadows to be. 


I followed in with C3


Then I brought back in the C1 to blend it out. 


To add deeper shadows I added a touch of C5 under the hairline and around the face, and also on the arm. I softened the C5 line by dabbing C3 along it. 


For the hair, I started with C7. This was my middle colour.


I used C9 for the darkest parts of the hair


And I finished the hair with C5. I also started the pencil with the C5 


I finished the image, going over each area until I was happy with the shading and the colour. 


To make her ribbon more defined, I used some Black 100 on it. 


Here I added some more shading underneath her arm, on her shirt. I think this gave her arm more definition. 


Once I was happy with my image, I cut my card pieces and stuck it together. 


To complete the card, I took a copic multi-liner and did a little doodling around the edges. 


Thanks for dropping by today, I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and are inspired to try it yourself. 
Sandie


1 comment:

Margreet said...

Love it...thanks for sharing!
xxx Margreet