Followers

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tutorial on coloring rosy cheeks

Hi Copic Fans,
hallo Copic-Freunde.

A little while back I posted a little milk carton I had done using an image called Strawberry Beatrice by All That Scraps on my personal blog. I got a lot of question about how I had colored her cheeks so I figured I would do a tutorial on how exactly I did that on this blog.
***
Vor einiger Zeit habe ich auf meinem persönlichen Blog eine Milchkartonbox gepostet, auf der ich das Motiv Strawberry Beatrice von All that Scraps verwendet habe. Ich habe eine Menge Fragen bekommen, wie ich die Backen coloriert habe und so dachte ich mir, ich mach für diesen Blog ein Tutorial in dem ich genau zeige, wie ich es gemacht habe.

For this tutorial I have decided to use another Beatrice image, this one is called Honey Bee-trice.
***
Für dieses Tutorial habe ich mich entschlossen, ein weiteres Motiv von Beatrice zu verwenden. Dieses hier heißt Honey Bee-trice.
First I color the face like I always do. I first color the whole face with E0000.
***
Zuerst habe ich das Gesicht so coloriert, wie ich es immer tue. Zuerst coloriere ich das Gesicht komplett mit E0000.
Next I take my E11 marker and color the parts of the face that would be the darkest, in this case under her hair.
***
Als nächstes verwende ich den E11-Marker und coloriere die Teile des Gesichts, die am dunkelsten sind, in diesem Fall also am Haaransatz.
Now I take my E00 and blend the E11 towards the lighter part of the face.
***
Dann vermale ich das E11 mit dem E00-Marker in die Richtung des helleren Teils des Gesichts.
Again, but this time using the E000.
***
Dies wiederhole ich, diesmal verwende ich E000.
And finally I complete the face with the E0000 again.
***
Und zum Schluß beene ich das Gesicht wieder mit E0000.
Now I add the cheeks, I start with E11 again.
***
Nun füge ich die Backen hinzu. Ich beginne wieder mit E11.
Carefulle not to blend to the top but only in the direction of the mouth I take the E00 and blend.
***
Dann vermale ich die Farbe mit E00 und passe dabei auf, dass ich die Farbe nicht nach oben, sondern nur in Richtung Mund vermale.
Again with the E000, still being carefull to work in a straight line to the middle, not upward.
***
Dies wiederhole ich mit E000, immer noch darauf achtend, dass ich in einer geraden Linie Richtung Mitte und nicht aufwärts arbeite.
After this step I decided that the cheeks were still to light, especially for this tutorial, so I went in with the E11 again and basically repeated the steps before this one with the E00 and the E000.
***
Nach diesem Schritt war ich der Meinung, dass die Backen noch zu hell waren, besonders für dieses Tutorial. Darum habe ich nochmal E11 verwendet und die vorhergehenden Schritte mit E00 und E000 wiederholt. 
Finally finishing with the E0000.
***
Zum Schluss ende ich mit E0000.
This is my result after coloring every other part and 3D paper piecing the whole picture together again. I did the cheeks a bit more dramatic this time.
***
Und so sieht mein Endergebnis aus nachdem ich alle Teile des Motivs coloriert und mit Paper Piecing zusammengesetzt habe. Diesmal habe ich die Backen etwas auffälliger coloriert.
And this is my finished project. A little gift notebook and pen for my seven year old to give her teacher Melanie next Friday on the last day of school.
***
Und dies ist mein fertiges Projekt - ein kleines Notizbüchlein mit Stift, das meine 7jährige Ihrer Lehrerin Melanie nächsten Freitag am letzten Schultag schenken kann.
I hope you found my tutorial interesting and will give it a try.
***
Ich hoffe, Euch gefällt mein Tutorial und Ihr versucht diese Technik einmal.

Hugs,
Mariska


Copic colors used:
Face/Gesicht: E11, E00, E000 and E0000
Cloths/Kleidung:
Yellow/Gelb: Y38, Y19, Y17, Y15, W3, W1, W00
Brown/Braun: E49, E47, E44, E42
Hair/Haare: E44, E42, E41
Wings/Flügel: B14, B12, B00

19 comments:

Diny Sprakel said...

Hello Mariska, what a cute guy and a great present. Thank for showing how you color the faces ( guess I do it the same) . Normaly I donnot miss the post on your blog, but this milk pack I didn' t see before, so nice. Thank you Diny

Brenda said...

hoi Mariska
wat leuk gedaan zeg.
erg goede Tutorial.
groetjes Brenda

corryskaart said...

hoi mariska
dank je voor de duidelijke uitleg van het gezicht kleuren en je doos en lijstje zien er werkelijk prachtig uit!
groetjes van corry

Cathy said...

Prachtig!!! Supermooi!!!

Gea said...

so lovely!
Thanks for the tutorial
Hugs Gea

Tinie said...

Wat een beauty!! En zo lief voor de juf! Prachtige tutorial!!!

Groetjes Tinie

nwilliams6 said...

Can't wait to try it!!!

Astrid said...

Hartstikke mooi gedaan, een schitterend kadootje voor de juf, bedankt voor je geweldige uitleg !

liefs Astrid

Ellen40 said...

Bedankt voor je geweldige uitleg, ik ga het uitproberen.
Groetjes Ellen40

Manuela Pinkfrilly said...

Mariska thank you so much for this tutorial, I really like to try to do this...thanks...where can I find Beatrice's image??

Welmoed said...

Een prachtige kaart, bedankt voor de mooie duidelijke uitleg...

Vr. gr. Welmoed

Sandra H said...

Wow your colouring is beautiful and thank you for the tutorial :)x

misteejay said...

What lovely rosy cheeks - thank you for the guidance on how to achieve this look.

Toni xx

LaJanette said...

Super cute! Thanks for sharing:0)

Hugs;
Janette

Elizabeth said...

Thank you for the tutorial! Great way to make cheeks:) Love your colring! Hugs, Elizabeth

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Gorgeous Mariska! I love that little box and I remember making those stars at school! hehe! Gorgeous colouring as always too )

Alienka said...

Thank you for tutorial! It's very interesting!

Marie-Anne said...

Thank you for the tutorial. I'll keep it in mind and will try it soon.

Marie-Anne

Jolanda said...

Hi Mariska,

Duidelijke tutorial, een tutorial over hoe je het haar hebt gedaan zou ook leuk zijn, dat ziet er zo mooi uit.

Groetjes jolanda